Anthony Crolla-Jorge Linares rematch set for March 25 in Manchester
Britain's Anthony Crolla (31-5-3, 13 KOs) will challenge three-weight world champion Jorge Linares (41-3, 27 KOs) for the WBA lightweight title in a rematch on March 25 at the Manchester Arena.
The pair met at the same venue in September when the Venezuelan captured the WBA title with a unanimous decision over Crolla, who previously won the 135-pound belt by stopping Darleys Perez in the fifth round in November 2015 before knocking out Ismael Barroso in seven rounds in his first defence last May.
Now the Manchester man has exercised his right to a rematch against Linares as he attempts to regain the world title with the WBC Diamond belt also at stake.
Crolla said: "I came up short on the night against the better man - with improvements I believe I can change the result this time around.
"I see Jorge as the best lightweight in the world and I want to be the best lightweight in the world.
"The better the opponent, the better I will perform. I'm improving still as a fighter and athlete despite turning 30 recently.
"I want to be remembered as someone who took on the best around and be mentioned in the same breath as them."
Linares said: "I am really excited to be going back to Manchester. I was treated very well by everyone and gained a lot of new British fans.
"Crolla is a tremendous fighter with a lot of heart so I know I must train twice as hard for another tough fight.
"I promise another great performance and assure that the belts are returning home with me."