Frank Buglioni to challenge WBA champion Fedor Chudinov on July 24

15/06/2015 14:59

British contender Frank Buglioni (16-1-1, 12 KOs) will challenge Russia's Fedor Chudinov (13-0, 10 KOs) for the WBA super middleweight title on July 24 at Wembley Arena in London.

Chudinov, 27, outpointed Felix Sturm in Germany to claim the title, which was vacated by Britain's Carl Froch, and the champion will be travelling again to defend it at the same venue his Brother Dmitry was stopped by Chris Eubank Jnr.

Buglioni, 26, who fought Lee Markham to a draw in a thrilling domestic battle last month, may have home advantage but he is making a huge step up in class.

He said: “This is a golden opportunity. I’m going in with a class fighter in Chudinov who went to Sturm’s backyard and beat him. I know what I’ve got to do and will train to beat him.”

Chudinov said: “I have no problem coming to London. Buglioni is tough and strong with plenty of heart, but I must break his heart in his home city. I will fight anywhere in the world because that is what I do.”