Bute vs Pascal postponed
Former IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute has withdrawn from his May 25 bout with former WBC light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal after injuring his left hand while training, postponing the fight until a later date.
The fight was going to take place at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada. With the two being the biggest draws in the city, there's no word yet whether the entire card will be scraped or go ahead without the Bute-Pascal fight.
There's really no other bigger fight for either of them. Pascal already passed over a rematch with Chad Dawson to take this fight, and Bute did the same with a Carl Froch rematch that he had the contractual right to take.
"I was informed about an hour ago that Bute injured his left hand," said Yvon Michel, promoter for Pascal. "I was told he will have surgery on Thursday. Right now everything is still new. Injuries happen in boxing and it happened to Pascal last year. The fight will be postponed."
It has not been determined whether or not Pascal is going to take an interim fight before the rescheduled date with Bute.